Designed and Hosted by Roger Small / Freelance Creative Copyright 2010
SCHEDULE OF DESIGN SERVICES
CONCEPTUAL DESIGN PHASE -SKETCH DESIGN
- During the Conceptual Design Phase, TCE shall consult with client, architect, operator and other consultants to establish design intent and project scope and assist client in developing goals and priorities for the interior design of the Project.
- TCE will review the architect’s space planning for suitability with the goals and priorities developed by the client and designer.
- TCE shall prepare for presentation preliminary floor plans, indicating proposed furniture layouts for public spaces and guestrooms, sketch perspectives of overall design concepts, colours and samples of proposed materials and powerpoint presentations of Furnishings
- TCE shall review and evaluate client’s initial budget information and shall assist with the preparation of preliminary budgets by area for client’s review and approval.
DESIGN DEVELOPMENT PHASE -WORKING DRAWINGS
- Based on the approved Conceptual Design and adjustments authorized by the client in the program or project budget, prepare for the approval by the client Design Development drawings for all Project Areas. These drawings describe design intent and are suitable for preliminary pricing.
- TCE shall provide, at client’s request, full colour renderings of interior spaces. The cost of the preparation of such renderings shall be a reimbursable expense.
CONSTRUCTION AND DOCUMENTS PHASE -FF&E Specifications
- Based on the approved Design Development submissions, designer shall prepare documentation consisting of drawings and specifications to set forth in sufficient detail the requirements for the finishes of the Project Areas.
- TCE shall select and/or design all furnishings and fixtures and decorative lighting, carpeting, fabrics, decorative accessories, etc. Specially designed furnishings shall be fully specified and detailed.
CONSTRUCTION AND INSTALLATION PHASE -SUPERVISION
- TCE shall make a reasonable number of visits to the project site to observe the progress and quality of the work within the scope of the designer’s services in order to determine if the work is being performed in accordance with the design intent of the Contract Documents.
- TCE shall make sure FF&E are installed in accordance with the Contract Documents.
- TCE shall review drawings, product data and samples to the submittals that relate to the items within the scope of the designer’s services.
- TCE shall provide one punch list to the client of all interior finish items as well as FF&E items.
- TCE in conjunction with Creative Wood Design has 15 years procurement experience . All the necessary FF&E items for a project includes liasing with suppliers, paying suppliers, scheduling delivery into a consolidating warehouse, arranging security and insurance while in storage, packaging, stuffing of the containers organising the sea freight and liasing with all the necessary authorities in relation with cargo handling including Cotecna.
- In relation to funds transferred all monies are transferred into a Trust Account and accounted for on a daily basis by a South African Chartered account.